Saturday, December 29, 2007

12 weeks

I have now officially been here 12 weeks. It feels like I've been here longer, but the days just keep flying by.

I am back at Station 2 today, because Cav needed to finish his driver test, and he was scheduled down here. I missed a drill, and having to go to Pegasus, so I'm not totally upset, but it has been a boring day. I spent my day organizing and starting to add captions to my pictures on picasa. On the 13th of January, I am subbing for Jared, who is playing rugby. That'll be 3 days in a row I'm working. But that's my K day week too, so it won't be that bad. Plus, I may not have to work all day, but just in case he gets hurt, we are scheduling the whole day. Depending on how much time I work for him, he'll work that for me, plus the 4 hours he still owes me from subbing for him for the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving. If I work it right, I could have an extra day off on one of me K day weeks, or have a second K day week if he works for me on a Thursday.

Tomorrow is the Chili Cook-Off and Ice Stock. We won't be getting back till around noon, so by the time I finish showering and changing, I'll have missed a couple of bands. It's ok, because from what I hear the better bands are later in the afternoon. I'm just bummed that I didn't have the chance to help decorate the mill-van or help cook the chili tomorrow morning. Oh well. Such is life.

Today has been music sharing day as well. I'm getting a bunch of songs from one of the other firefighters, including a few songs that were done by a guy who was down here a few years ago. She played a couple for me, and they were hilarious. He's got a website, so when I get home I'll probably buy his CD.

I still haven't gotten the rest of the pictures from the Station 2 Olympics. I'll try to get them on Monday.

No comments: