Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Groundhog Day

Ever see the movie Groundhog Day? It's with Bill Murray, whose character is forced to re-live the same exact day over and over again.

Well, that's how life is down here. Either I'm working, or I'm not working, but there's really not much to do at either place.

That said, today at work was pretty good. We did an inspection first thing after truck checks this morning, and then hung around for the hour till lunch. Then after lunch we went and did some hose drills up at the electrical warehouse. It went well, and I learned some new stuff, like how to pull and reload a modified minuteman hose load, and how to pull and reload a triple lay (which is quite inefficient, but works cause you can pull the load from either side). After that, we went to the gym, where I worked on my old therapy exercises for my shoulder and elbow, and did some other stuff that I haven't done in a while. I didn't do any cardio, but I prefer to do that on my off-days.

Right now I'm covering dispatch while the regular dispatcher is at dinner. I'm here until 6pm so she gets her full dinner hour. Then I go to dinner, and then is free time for the rest of the night.

I finally got some of my pictures transferred over, so I'll post them later on tonight when I have time.

4 comments:

Aunt Linda said...

Hi Jen,
Everyday feels like groundhog day for me.

Good think your learning how to reload a modified minuteman hose AND how to pull and reload a triple lay. You never know when you will need that skill.

Looking forward to having a huge snow storm today and then again on Saturday and Sunday. Not sure which day will be worse. Its mums the word on the weather channel. They like to keep it a secret. Want us to be surpised and all. Anyway, I of course have to work on a day that it snows. That always happens. So I think I will be like you today and take the truck with 4 wheel drive. WHOWHOWHO.

Have to go get ready for work. Its weird... it doesn't matter how bad it snows... the patients alway arrive. Never cancel. They risk their life to be saved. HA!
Stay warm. Looking forward to the pictures.
Love AL

Mom said...

Hi, it is snowing like crazy here. So what the heck am I doing at work? I think I'll be leaving soon to make the long slippery ride home. Wonder how long it will take me this time. I guess we are getting a little bit of what you have had for months now. No thank
you!! Depending on the station you listen to depends on how much they are predicting. Anywhere from 3-5" up to 6-10". If I have my choice I'll take the 3-5".
Anyway, glad you are learning new things even though for the life of me I can not understand why you will need to know this when you are back in the real world but learning is a good thing.
Stay warm, Keep that jacket zipped.

Love Mom

Leslie said...

Hi Jennie, Yes, Groundhog Day was a riot! But I guess it's pretty boring when you're living it. Glad you finally learned how to handle the minuteman hose load & how to pull and reload a triple lay! I had been wondering when you'd get around to that :D And it sounds like the only consistent thing you guys do is eat. That's one of my favorite things to do so I'd do really well down there :D (I'm just kidding, of course!)

Looking forward to the pictures! Keep warm! Love, Leslie

Leslie said...

Oh, and we're NOT getting the promised snow!!! We're getting rain. Big surprise!