Wednesday, December 5, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....

Evidently there was decorating going on while I was at Willy Field yesterday. Several of the departments in B-155 (HR, Rec, Finance, etc) have put up garland and such around their doors, and there are various wooden decorations attached to phone poles throughout town. Penguins, candy canes, trees, and even a Grinch (complete in Santa suit) are up. Combined with the heavy snow falling (well, at least it was when I walked over to lunch), it makes me happy. I tried to take pictures, but I think my camera batteries died, so I'll have to try with the other camera later on.

Life was boring yesterday at Station 2. We listened to the MCI drill, and had it not been snowing, we probably could have seen it going on. The weather grounded all the planes, though a few got out today, and I think one got out late last night during a break in the weather. Supposedly the weather will get better starting tomorrow, but considering yesterday was supposed to be bright and sunny (and wasn't), I'll wait and see what happens tomorrow.

Tonight is American Night at Scott Base. Another chance to go over briefly. They have Salt and Vinegar Pringles potato chips, and we don't here, so I'd like to get some. I have to mail out the last few Christmas presents tonight, since (if the weather is good) we'll have a C-17 come in, and I'd like it to go out tomorrow.

Other than that, nothing new. Tomorrow is my K day, so happiness abounds at the prospect of sleeping late.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Hi Jennie,

I know what you mean about sleeping in. I'm so excited to be able to do that tomorrow morning!!! work, work, work, ahhhhh . . . And do you have any decorations to put up? I wish I had thought to send some. If I sent something now you wouldn't get it until after Christmas is over :D We've had a little bit of snow. Very little. It did cover the grass and trees and looked terrific. It's been in the 30's for the high but tomorrow is supposed to be 45. Yuck! My sinus' are killing me! Ohhh - I love salt and vinegar potato chips too. But I try to stay away from them because I eat too many and my tongue swells :D But it is worth it :D I just realized that your blog was from Wednesday and this is Friday so you're time to sleep in is past. Well, enjoy whatever you are doing! Keep warm! Love, Leslie