Saturday, February 9, 2008

Boring, boring, boring

Sorry I haven't been writing much lately. Not much is going on. Lots of people are leaving, and the every other day flights start tomorrow, so there'll be a lot more people leaving. I'm scheduled for Pegasus tomorrow. Hopefully I'll see some penguins.

Word has it that the ANG is going to try to get all their planes off the ice by February 17th. That would mean that they don't need so many firefighters anymore, so I'm going to have a talk with my captain tomorrow and see if I can't get off the ice a little sooner...like the 17th. I may not be able to leave New Zealand till the 25th, but it'll give me a few extra days to see the sights. I have to check on that though, and see if I did get out of here on the 17th, would I still leave the 25th, or would that be bumped up as well.

Actually, I have to email Air Services and make sure that the change in my plans (leaving from Wellington instead of Christchurch) is set. Maybe they'll even have a flight itinerary for me.

10 days to go, not counting the day I leave. As of tomorrow I'll be home in 2 weeks.

Hopefully my laundry soap will hold out till then. I'm running low and I still have a few loads to do before I leave.

No comments: