Sunday, September 30, 2007

Pre-Travel

Three days of being taken out for dinner. If it didn’t require me to leave for 5 months, I might actually feel better about things.

Paulette took me for thai food on Thursday night. Sadly, I had to go back to work to finish some things, so I didn’t get to spend as much time with her as I would have liked. Friday, the coworkers took me for Chevy’s, and gave me a card signed by everyone in the company and a stuffed penguin. Because our company’s motto is “See More with KPL” we decided he should be called Seymore. Seymore is currently in my carry-on, sadly stuffed into an over-head bin. Friday night was thai again, in Old Towne Alexandria, with the FFG crew. I did get a chance to get over to Seamus’ to see the Jake-dog before I left. I also got to see Delfina’s new car, which is quite spiffy.

Saturday Chris and I finished my packing, got my prescriptions, and we went to dinner with Anna, Art, Sarah, Tim, Cali, Brian, Susan, Mike, and Beth. We had hibachi, which was a good choice for so many people. We hung out at Anna and Art’s afterwards, and I finished packing before everyone went home.

So yeah…aside from the incessant crying I’ve been doing the past 3 days (leaving work was exceptionally hard) this whole long trip thing has it’s benefits.

I still don’t want to do it that often though…

No comments: