Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Happy Camper, the short version

So I survived Happy Camper (ie Snow School). I slept in a quinsey (spelling?) hut (a hollowed out mound of snow), and was very warm, but didn't sleep well because the mummy style sleeping bag was too confining and wouldn't let me move around much.

I am sunburnt (yes, I wore sunscreen, but there is no ozone down here. I guess I didn't apply often enough).

Right now, I am going to finish checking email, switch laundry, and go to bed.

Details and pictures later.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Hi Jennie, Glad you survived! I got your Christmas card yesterday. Thanks! And we also got the other one you sent - I can't remember if I mentioned it before - but thanks for that, too!

Joe forwarded me a link that was pretty cool. Here it is . . .

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/nasa-releases-detailed-map-of-antarctica/20071127170309990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

Anonymous said...

Interesting. I always thought that huts made of hollowed ice, as warm places go, were an urban legend.

You learn something every day :-)

Anonymous said...

Jennifer I just think you are amazing I just can't think that there are people out there that do these things and that being inside a ice hut could be warm. did it melt any???? and then drip on you????