Friday, November 2, 2007

W is for Wind

Which was way too loud last night. There was a live band at one of the bars last night, and in the interest of being social, I went. The first band was way too loud, the bass player had his amp turned up too much, and the instruments mainly drowned out the voices. But, they did have someone playing trumpet, sometimes rather prominently, so that part was nice. And the tunes of the music were pretty catchy, I just couldn't hear what the singer was saying most of the time.

I left when the first band finished, since the second band was reggae, but not real reggae...more like reggae with a bass and electric guitar. For some reason, a lot of people feel that adding congos to music with a certain beat makes it reggae.

The wind yesterday afternoon and last night was absolutely wicked. It howled right into my window all night long. When I got back to my room, it was in the low 60's, so I turned the heat up. When I woke up this morning, it was around 54F or so. I jacked the heat up some more, stuffed a jacket in the window to block the draft, and hoped it was warmer when my roomie came home (she was at Snow School last night, and was likely going to be extremely cold when she got home. It wasn't warmer really, she told me at dinner.

The wind didn't ease up until late this afternoon, so it pretty much howled all day long. It was freezing this morning when I had to go out to take the wind-torn tarp off the un-used engine. Wow, was that cold.

Work today has pretty much consisted of taking the tarp off the engine, sitting in class, training in CPR, and sitting in dispatch. Tomorrow we are here till noon. I think tomorrow afternoon will be laundry, before rugby practice.

I got mail, but I missed picking it up this evening by 5 minutes. Which means I have to wait till Monday, during either lunch or dinner, unless my roommate picks it up for me.

No comments: