Monday, November 12, 2007

Practice Combat Drop

We got another neat thing happen today, aside from the mail and the visit to the LC-130 for more lessons in how and what to turn off if we have a call to one where we actually have to go inside. One of the Hercs coming in did a combat drop, which is when they drop cargo off the back of the cargo ramp as they're moving. I got really good video of it, but I can't upload it, so you'll all have to wait till I get home and edit this with the video

I'll probably be editing a lot of these posts...or maybe I'll just set up a couple of posts for video only. We'll see what happens.

Anyway, here's some pictures.



2 comments:

Aunt Linda said...

Hey Jen,
The plane looks like it is on the ground. Did it land and keep moving or did the make the drop from the air. Why wold they do that anyway? Are they just having fun with ya? Was it unsafe to land? (even though it looks like they did)I don't know why I am even bother asking these questions, since you dont answer any of them.
time to get ready for work. It is 0400 and 44.9 degrees out. Snow flurrys
AL

Mom said...

Hi Jennifer, I am in training now and it is slow. I read Aunt Linda's last blog. When you go to snow school, how do you do potty time? Do you make an ice hut for potty breaks? I thought you were not suppose to leave anythig behind so do you have to go in a bucket? Gross questions I know but it makes you wonder.
If the plane made a drop does that mean you got your mail? Hope so.
Heard your phone card ran out. Quess we talked to long the other day. I looked at the calendar again and I can make it earlier if you need it to be. From the 5th on which I think is Ash Wednesday through the dates we talked about. I don't think the tickets prices will change much so we should be okay once you get some dates.

Looking forward to some answers.

Love Mom