Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving Dinner

Thanksgiving dinner was yesterday. I actually covered for one of the guys on A shift so he could run in the 'Turkey Trot" which is a 5 K race they have here every Thanksgiving. Once he came back, I went back to my room and called Chris to say hi, and we talked for a while, then I read for a bit before dinner.

Let me just say that I have never seen so much food in one place before. We had raw veggies and dip, shrimp, salad, turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole, fried asparagus and peppers, and prime rib. They even had stuff for vegetarians. There was also bread and 3 or 4 different kinds of pie for dessert. They had linen table cloths on all the tables, and it was very nicely done.

After dinner, I went to see if I could help out in the kitchen in cleaning up and everything, but they had so many people they said they didn't have room for anymore. So I went to the store and borrowed a video, and then went up to one of the guys on my shift's room to hang out with some people. We hung out for about 3 hours, drinking wine and talking. I borrowed some DVD's from him, and went home when he and one of the other guys headed out to the bar, since I was really tired.

I got home and started one of the DVD's I borrowed from John, and worked on making a DVD for the family/friends I'm not going to see for a while, with pictures and videos and music, but the videos and music are in the wrong kind of file format, so I'm trying to find a good conversion software to change them so I can use them.

I'm at Station 2 today, but it's pretty boring since there are no flights on Sunday and no one is
down here.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy Thanksgiving....a little late! Sounds like you had a nice day.

Im not sure if you have ever seen the show Lost....but your whole situation down under kinda reminds me of the show. Funny!

I wanted to write more...but Kevin is crying...I'll write later.

Love ya, Melissa

Leslie said...

Hey Jennie,

Just got caught up. We were up at your parents and just got home last night. We had a great time as I'm sure your Mom told you when you called :D We missed you, though! The picture was great in front of the sign! Sounds like you had a wonderful meal. That was nice of you to cover for the guy who wanted to run in that race. How do they "run" on the ice?

Loved the website link you included. Very interesting! Keep warm! Love, Leslie